Craig Newmark Graduate School of Journalism
- Confidentiality and Security of Personal Information
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect personally identifiable information sent to our Website, both during transmission and afterwards. It is your responsibility to ensure that you do not disclose your password to anyone.
However, despite our efforts to maintain the confidentiality and security of your account, no method of transmission over the Internet and no method of electronic storage is completely secure. Although we make every effort to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Personal Information We Will Collect
When you register an account with us, we may collect personal information from you. You must provide contact information (such as your name, address, telephone number, fax number, password, and email address).
We may collect the IP address of your computer in order to enable us to detect unauthorized transactions and to better manage website traffic.
We may also use "cookies," which are small data files placed and stored on your computer, to help you manage your use of our Website. Cookies are used as follows:
- To recognize you as a regular user;
- To remind us of who you are;
- To estimate our audience size by determining repeat usage of the Website to help target advertisements based on user interests and behavior;
- To track your progress;
- To measure traffic patterns for use as a research tool to understand how our users habits are similar or different from one another; and
- To conduct other research.
You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, in order to give you the chance to determine whether or not to accept it. If you do not accept cookies, some pages of this Website may not display properly or you may not be permitted to access certain information.
The security of your information also relies on password protection. Do not disclose your password to anyone. We will never ask you to send your password or other sensitive information to us in an email or to enter it via any Website other than one with the url of JournalismNext.com.
- Purposes for Which We Will Use Personal Information
Our policy is to collect personal information from you for the following purposes:
- to provide services to you, to promote and market our services to you, and to improve those services;
- to maintain a commercial relationship with you and to communicate with you (which may include: providing services, advertising, promotions, and account verification);
- to identify your needs and/or preferences;
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- to administer, maintain, manage, and improve our business operations; and
- as otherwise required by law.
- Sharing of Personal Information
This Website does not rent, trade, or share personal information with third parties, except to provide products or services, which you requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We use third parties for credit card processing, which parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for promotional purposes.
- We may share your information with third parties in order to improve the quality or design of the Website, and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking and analyzing user preferences and trends.
- We may share your personal information if required by law and if we believe that the disclosure is required or necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial processing or legal process served on our Website.
- We may share personal information if we believe that it is required in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, a criminal act, suspected fraud, a potential threat to the physical safety of a third party, or as otherwise required by law.
- We may transfer personal information to a third party entity in the event of an assignment of the rights in this Website for any reason. You will be notified via email of any such change in ownership or control of personal information.
- We may share personal information with our legal, financial, and other professional advisors.
- We may share personal information with website developers in the event that we are upgrading or improving our Website.
- We may share personal information with third parties upon receiving your consent as required by law.
Except as provided above, we will not share any of your information to any third party without permission.
- Access to Your Personal Information
You can review, update, delete, or correct your personal information on file with us online or in person at any time. To access your personal information, we require a written request unless you login and update your personal information yourself directly. Upon receipt of any written request, we will take commercially reasonable steps to provide you with the opportunity to access any such information. We may charge a reasonable fee in order to cover our costs in providing such access.
- Email Requests for Personal Information
We will never initiate a request for personal information by email or pop-up window. If you receive a request by email or pop-up window, please do not respond and notify us as set forth below.
If you ever believe that you have been a victim of fraud or another crime, please report it to the police and take all available actions to protect yourself. Also, please notify us, so that we can take all possible actions to protect you and the other users of this Website.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. In furtherance of this commitment, we restrict the use of our Website to persons eighteen (18) years of age or older. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13).
- Contact with You
We may use your email address to contact you from time to time, in order to send notices required by law, to provide information regarding this Website, or to resolve any complaint or suspicious transactions. We also reserve the right to mail or email information to you about our services, to provide offers to customers, or to send out our newsletter to you. You may at any time choose to unsubscribe (or "opt-out") of any of our mailings, either by adjusting your membership settings or by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Other Legal Notices
- Contact Us
- Effective Date