A Producer at News On 6 helps drive the Ideal Team Player culture.
Job Summary: As a Producer, you will produce the line-up and lay-out of newscast, write news stories, teases, and promos, edit video for newscasts, use good news judgment and ethics when developing and assigning stories.
- Attending editorial meetings, research stories, assist in assigning reporters, offering story ideas, and determining the best placement for reporter and anchor stories.
- Design graphics, coordinate pre-production and other elements with production department.
- Proofread reporter packages for content and grammar ensuring news meets legal and journalistic standards as well as the time allotted.
- Monitoring video news feeds, coordinating live shots, performing actual timing of newscast while in progress.
- Providing live technical direction and reorganization, when necessary, by communicating with the director. Communicating clearly to the anchors through IFB.
- Responsible for form, organization, coordination with other departments, news writing, timing, and distribution of final scripts.
- Promote and execute the strategic plan for the company.
Job Schedule: This is a Full-Time position. Must be flexible to schedule changes due to holidays, vacations, and breaking news.
Humble: A habit of sharing successes, putting the team first, and working for the good of the team. A “we” not “me” attitude. The ability to give and receive constructive criticism. Observe and employ the Golden Rule.
Hungry: Exhibit a strong work ethic, drive, and willingness to take initiative.
Smart: The virtue of being interpersonally smart about the interactions and relationships of those you encounter.
Positive Attitude: Exhibited by focusing on opportunities not problems, see the glass as half-full not half-empty.
Sense of Urgency: How we react and respond.
Skills and Requirements:
Formal education equivalent of BS degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field. Related experience will be evaluated by Company management and may be substituted on the basis of two years of experience equals one year of education.
1-2 years experience preferred. Knowledge of journalistic standards and ability to establish and work within program format are necessary.
One year of progressively responsible experience in a television newsroom preferred.
Accurate and comprehensive writing skills as well as good communication skills.
Ability to make quick and appropriate decisions and gain the cooperation of others.
Knowledge of personal computers and ability to learn new systems.
Link of work and writing samples required.
Must have, or be able to obtain, a valid Oklahoma driver’s license and have a driving record acceptable to the company.
Capable of handling the physical and mental requirements including:
ability to verbally communicate in English
ability to read computer monitor information (words and data)
ability to hear detailed spoken word
ability to remain sedentary and to travel to work location
ability to perform manual dexterity tasks with hands, fingers
ability to analyze data, concentrate, reason, and write
ability to perform under emotional stress