The “Ingraham Angle”, one of Cable News’ top primetime programs, is hiring a Freelance Associate Producer. This exciting opportunity will expose you to every facet of news while working in a fast-paced environment. The Freelance Associate Producer will conduct research, pitch topics, and pre-interview and book prominent guests. This role can help propel you to a lasting career in cable news.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pitch stories and guests
- Compile research packets
- Conduct pre-interview with guests
- Pitch/cut audio and visual elements for your segments
- Book guests in the event of breaking news
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
- 1 year of news production experience on a national level
- A thirst for news – always paying attention to the narratives, controversies, debates driving the day
- Strong editorial judgement and skills
- Familiarity with iNEWS, DALET, VIZ precut is preferred, however, you must be able to learn these skills quickly to succeed in the role
- Ability to work well in a team setting and have the social skills needed to communicate effectively with team leaders, the anchor, and show leaders
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $59,500.00-74,500.00 annually. We provide Freelancers medical/dental/vision insurance and 401k after they meet eligibility criteria and any State required time-off, in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.