Ballard Spahr, a multi-practice, national law firm, is seeking a Communications Coordinator to be the primary point person for updates to the firm website, social media posting, and other digital marketing efforts. Our Coordinator will oversee maintenance of the firm’s external websites by fielding requests to revise content; conducting regular audits to ensure that our website language is fresh, current, and compelling; proofreading; posting content via Sitecore; and monitoring and reporting on website performance in collaboration with the Digital Communications Manager and the Marketing Technology team.
The person in this role collaborates with colleagues across marketing teams—including Business Development and Marketing Technology to support our digital presence and communications efforts. This position can be located in Philadelphia or Minneapolis and will be a hybrid work arrangement with 3 days in the office per week.
This position blends technical skills with editorial judgment and design sensibility. Must be a precision oriented technician who takes ownership of the firm’s website, making sure copy is well-written, concise, and consistent with Ballard Spahr’s voice and style; posted properly and in a timely matter; and optimized for search. This person also supports the Communications Team, proofreading content and drafting nominations, press releases, social media posts, or collateral materials, as needed.
As the Communications Coordinator, you will:
- Manage requests from lawyers and staff to create or update online content. Must be able to prioritize requests; ask questions, when necessary; work quickly and accurately; post content to the website with accuracy; and keep stakeholders apprised of the status.
- Take a proactive approach to website content, evaluating it regularly and site-wide to ensure accuracy, effectiveness, and readability. That includes generating creative ideas for promoting the expertise of our attorneys, as well as for improving the site from a design, usability, and SEO perspective.
- Draft and edit website biographies and other content for posting. Solid editorial skills and business acumen, with the ability to improve copy for presentation to a general and legal industry audience.
- Serve as a gatekeeper for our website, ensuring that all content is current, compelling, and accurate, and aligned with our branding guidelines. This includes regularly auditing the website, suggesting organizational and editorial improvements, and employing critical thinking to determine when updates are needed.
- Draft, edit, and assist in the timely production of announcements using the Vuture email marketing platform.
- Assist with social media posting as needed.
- Assist with regular reports on website performance.
The selected candidate must be detail-oriented, able to successfully manage multiple projects and daily deadlines, and have outstanding time management and organizational skills. Accuracy and problem-solving skills are essential. This position requires the ability to conceptualize, think critically, and translate ideas and requests into effective, creative digital marketing programs. Good interpersonal skills, a dedication to excellent client service, and the ability to handle confidential information with discretion and sensitivity are a must. Must be professional, courteous, and possess the flexibility to work effectively with a wide range of personalities and writing styles.
Bachelor’s degree and two to five years’ of marketing communications experience in a corporate setting, preferably a professional services firm. Excellent editing and communication skills, including grammar, spelling, punctuation, and usage. Knowledge of AP and Chicago Manual style. Solid writing skills and the ability to grow as a writer is also key.
Current knowledge of web standards and best practices, trends, and usability is required, as is experience with Content Management Systems (SiteCore preferred). A familiarity with web analytics and traffic monitoring tools is a plus, as is experience concepting and implementing web programs based on that data. Technical aptitude with interest in learning new technology systems and techniques is required.
Ballard Spahr is committed to increasing diversity in the legal profession and to supporting the communities where we live and work. People from all backgrounds are valued and integrated into every part of the firm. Diverse candidates including women, people of color and members of the LGBTQAI+ community, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The firm is not accepting resumes from search firms for this position.
Ballard Spahr offers excellent compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and a generous paid time off program. For immediate consideration, please visit https://jobs.silkroad.com/BallardSpahr/Careers and apply online.
Ballard Spahr is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culturally diverse environment. The firm encourages applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, national origin, handicap or disability, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, transgender status, sex stereotyping, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.