Medley Advisors, EA Group’s macro policy research business, is looking for an analyst to cover US politics and policy in Washington DC.
This is an exciting role for an experienced political journalist. You would spearhead Medley’s coverage of the 2024 election cycle – producing short but thoroughly researched reports, podcasts, and webinars – to give clients across the EA Group a predictive edge.
We are looking for that rare reporter: a political junkie and scoop-getter who can also see and explain the big picture.
Within our US team, you would be the go-to person for intelligence on fiscal, trade and energy policy. As an expert analyst, you would be sought out by media for high-profile comment – something EA Group actively encourages.
- Experience in source development and the initiative, personality and enthusiasm to expand your contact book,
- Genuine interest in politics and policy, and granular knowledge of polling and political data,
- Strong and spare writing and confidence in verbal communication.
- To develop and maintain a source network inside the Administration, Congress, agencies, business organizations, and presidential campaigns.
- To analyze national and swing-state polling and work with data specialists to develop political-data products for our clients,
- To stay on top of fiscal, trade and energy policymaking.
- To produce snappy, market-relevant reports, podcasts and webinars.
- To talk to clients.
Founded in 1997, Medley Advisors is a leading policy-research service for clients in financial markets. Since 2020, Medley has been owned by EA Group, a rapidly growing independent research consultancy with its origins in the energy market.