North Carolina Public Radio WUNC is hiring a Podcast Producer & Host.
WUNC is the leading NPR News and Information station in the state with an expansive reach to a diversity of communities across North Carolina. WUNC emphasizes highly produced on-demand content with a mission to attract and engage new audiences.
The Podcast Producer reports to the Editor for Narrative Audio & Podcasts for North Carolina Public Radio WUNC. This position is primarily responsible for creating locally generated news and narrative content for various station podcasts.
The typical work schedule for this position is 9AM - 6PM or 10AM - 7PM Monday to Friday with some occasional shifts on holidays or weekends.
Required Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience:
Three years’ experience as a journalist or audio producer. Considerable knowledge of audio production equipment and editing software.
Preferred Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience:
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
Interested applicants must apply at: https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/251096
• Excellent organizational skills
• A familiarity with North Carolina, national and international issues is strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work quickly and meet tight deadlines, working with a variety of sources and collaborators.
• Experience creating and editing digital news content.
• Experience transforming complex ideas into engaging storytelling.
Candidates should be prepared to attach a current resume, cover letter and links to three projects which showcase the best of your talents in audio production. The deadline to apply is 03/21/2023.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.