Become the first Senior producer of Boston Globe Today, a daily, Boston Globe-branded show on the NESN360 service and linear channel. Work with Executive Producer to run the program for daily delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Stack and manage show and identify what pieces will go where within the weekly stack.
• Meet daily with team to pitch and stack show segments
• Meet daily with Executive Producer, Supervising Producer, re: today’s show
• Attend weekly planning meetings with Executive Producer, Supervising Producer and producers
• Write/supervise/edit headlines, teases, intros, tags daily
• Oversees putting together daily show and segments
• Line produces daily shoot
• Times interviews in-progress (or assigns duty)
• Collaborates and works closely with host on interview process, wardrobe continuity, content reads/rewrites
• Manage and track the producer workload with the help of Executive Producer and Globe Newsroom Rep
• Connect individually with Executive Producer/producers to watch past segments for improvement
• Hold show review sessions with executive team for feedback/ideation
• Meet with Executive Producer and/or Supervising Producer to plan and/or execute special projects (themed-shows, “Best Of” weeks, specials, etc.)
• 10+ years news producer experience
• Must have excellent news writing skills; stories, headlines, teases, etc.
• Managerial experience with kindness and mentorship as key style points
• Touch points to New England preferred
• Knowledge of ENPS is advisable (or other news rundown software)
• Excellent written, verbal communication organizational skills are required
• Strong ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook is necessary
The Boston Globe and NESN are proud to be diverse and inclusive employers. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.