Brave New Films (BNF) a 501(c)3 nonprofit is looking for a Grant Writer/Manager to be responsible for writing all grants, planning, implementing, and coordinating activities, primarily related to grant writing and fund development. You will report to the Director of Development as you develop and track grant deliverables and metrics, ensuring that work is completed within prescribed timeframes and funding parameters.
- Draft and submit all LOIs/grant proposals and supporting documents based on the funding requirements of BNF.
- Compile, draft and submit all aspects of open grant reports including assistance with grant related financial scenario planning and reporting.
- Identify new sources of funding, and research funding and grant opportunities.
- Maintain records and submit reports related to grant opportunities while also managing timelines and deliverables.
- Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted grant proposals.
- Maintain positive relationships with foundations.
- Assist Director of Development and President with other fundraising efforts.
- Other duties may be assigned.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for the issues and nonprofit fundraising. This is a great opportunity for someone that is an excellent writer and has had experience writing and submitting grants. The ideal candidate for this position is looking to learn while on the job and has a strong work ethic, learns new tools quickly and independently, and is comfortable working in a fast?paced and dynamic nonprofit.
Skills and Abilities:
- Writing: A suggested minimum of one-year experience in grant writing or similar writing field, two plus years experience preferred.
- Fundraising: Excellent knowledge of proposal submission and fundraising process, ability to study and understand programs, and funding requirements of the organization and strong research skills and knowledge of information sources.
- Technical Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Teams, and Outlook), Google Apps, Document Management, Adobe Acrobat, proficiency in CRM software, a general understanding of cloud platforms, and must be comfortable with technology.
- Communication: Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer Service/Donor relations: Respond promptly to internal and external requests for service and assistance.
- Teamwork: Contribute to building a positive working environment; support everyone’s efforts to succeed with a high sense of urgency, drive, and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Professionalism: Ability to handle confidential matters with the utmost integrity and a high level of discretion about confidential information, ethical and trustworthy.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested please send an email to grantwriterjob@BraveNewFilms.org with the subject line “Grant Writer/Manager - First name Last Name.” Attached in your email please include PDF versions of your resume, two references, a cover letter, and one or two grant proposals you’ve written (please redact names of the orgs or foundations). We value great communication skills as well so please address the following in your cover letter; why are you applying to Brave New Films and this specific position? Why does your experience make you a good fit? What types of grants have you written in the past? And why do you want to pursue a career in fundraising?
Job Types: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $64,000.00 per year (DOE)
Benefits: Paid time off, and employer-paid health and dental insurance, 401(k) matching.
Schedule: 8-hour shift, Monday to Friday, from 9 AM to 6 PM (with 1-hour lunch from 1-2 PM PST)
Work Location: On Location in Culver City, CA (but currently Remote until further notice)
COVID-19 Precaution(s): Entire office is currently working remotely, but the plan is to return to the office when it is safe to do so in Los Angeles County. All interviews will be conducted remotely.
BNF is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion into our workplace where such values are at the forefront of our daily work and interactions. We value and seek diverse team members who are passionate, innovative, and supportive of these values.
BNF provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.