Brave New Films is seeking a Director of Film Screenings. Must have extensive experience working in the social justice or electoral landscape, with a knowledge of key players, organizations and progressive issues. Previous work with racial justice organizations is a big plus, as are bi-lingual candidates.
The Director of Film Screenings will initiate, organize and lead our national film screenings program by connecting with civic advocacy organizations, educators and schools (middle school through college), and faith based organizations to screen films virtually during COVID and in person when possible. Candidate MUST have extensive experience with data entry, collection, analysis and systems for reporting screenings and contacts. This role will report to the Vice President of Partnerships and Distribution.
Core responsibilities and duties include:
- Securing nationwide film screenings with schools, faith and advocacy groups
- Managing Screenings section on organization website including digital screening signups, emails and more
- Tracking screenings and reporting progress
- Developing ideas for potential new collaborators
Job is remote for the time being due to COVID, but when things return to normal, you will be able to work in sunny California in a converted motel with 20 other passionate, creative professionals and where it's fine to bring your dog to work.
Competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, vacation and more.
How to Apply:
We want to get a sense of your experience. Please send ALL of the following to ScreeningsJob(at)bravenewfilms(dot)org to be considered:
- List of organizations you have relationships with. Who did you work with at the organization and how did you work with them? The more detail, the better.
- List any and all data entry and reporting systems you have used. Are you familiar with Nationbuilder?
- Go to the Brave New Films website and sign up for a screening. Tell us how you would change and improve the sign-up process to make it more user friendly. What other information would be helpful to have on the form? Please add other ideas you have to get more people to sign up. Dig deep and provide details.
- How would you most efficiently reach out to community colleges to offer our films for screenings?
Brave New Films provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.