Producer, Come Through
WNYC Studios seeks a highly skilled and collaborative producer to join the team of “Come Through with Rebecca Carroll.”
The Producer will have a strong hand in shaping the dynamic, surprising, and revealing conversations that drive the show. You’re deeply read-in on the show’s beat and bring lots of ideas to the table, but you’re also excited by the ideas of others and understand how to weave them all together into a successful episode. The role involves savvy tape cutting, creative booking, rigorous research, and detailed administrative tasks.
The successful candidate will be passionate, curious, and informed about a wide range of topics, an exceptional writer, a skilled sound editor, and savvy in the use of digital media. You should enjoy working with hosts, editors, and others in a highly collaborative production team, and also an ability to work independently at various stages of the process.
WNYC Studios is a mission-driven organization populated with the most creative and pioneering audio producers in our industry. We are driven to create inclusive spaces and cultivate diverse voices; to work together, pitching in on each other’s projects and working across platforms.
- Perform soup-to-nuts production tasks, including identifying and pre-interviewing sources, researching topics for air, booking, prepping host, fact-checking, and cutting tape including interviews and host tracks.
- Deploy creative problem-solving in editing interviews.
- Assist in managing and tracking the editorial content of the show.
- Communicate consistently and clearly with other members of the team.
- Write and populate content for website/CMS.
- Develop original content for social media.
- Write a promotional copy for internal and external use.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including marketing, social media press, sales, and digital teams; assist in collaborations with other WNYC productions.
- Research and conceive special projects in depth.
- Manage administrative tasks as needed.
- At least 3 years experience producing talent-driven content.
- Experience with booking, pre-interviewing, tape cutting, and host collaboration.
- Experience with audio editing (ProTools, preferred).
- Familiarity with and curiosity about a range of social justice issues, and unresolved debates over how to build an equitable society.
- Top-notch organizational skills, attention to detail, deadlines, and time-management.
- Proficiency with a range of social media platforms and awareness of new platforms.
- An independent work ethic combined with a love for and patience with the collaborative process.
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken.
- Effective time-management and ability to produce excellent work on deadline.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume.
WNYC Studios is committed to building a diverse staff. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between New York Public Radio and SAG-AFTRA.