CoinDesk is the leading media platform covering the emergence of a new financial system and serving the next generation of global investing. Founded in 2013, its journalism, research and events provide critical insights to emerging cryptocurrencies, blockchain and related technologies, and the industries developing around them.
CoinDesk is a quickly growing company with incredible ambition. We are expanding our multimedia offerings by building out our live programming and on-demand video products. We’d love for you to join us if you’re willing to take on new challenges and immerse yourself in a world of intelligent, forward thinking and also, fun humans.
Based in NYC, CoinDesk has 75 full-time employees around the world and is an independently run subsidiary of the Digital Currency Group, the largest investment & operating company in the blockchain industry.
CoinDesk is looking for a Senior Producer, Live Broadcast to join its growing digital video team. This person is ready to roll up his or her sleeves to help launch “CoinDesk TV” with an exciting slate of daily & weekly live and taped shows. While it would be great and certainly provide an edge, you don’t need to be an expert (yet) on all things crypto and blockchain. We’re looking for a proven leader who is obsessed with news that matters and knows how to create and run compelling shows that connect the dots on technology, markets, the economy, politics, pop culture and humanity. The ideal candidate has impeccable editorial judgment, strong writing and editing skills and is experienced with running a live control room. Most important, you must be a team player who leads by example and works well with your own staff as well as other departments. This position is based at our headquarters office in New York City.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the Executive Producer and wider editorial team to develop and launch original new live programs on brand for CoinDesk
- Managing and coaching a small team of producers and bookers
- Leading the show production process, including development of daily rundowns, story selection, bookings, graphics generation, video editing and script writing.
- Working closely and coordinating effectively with on-air talent on best ways to deliver content and diverse points of view
- Coordinating with technical staff and being a control room leader to execute clean, visually compelling, high-quality shows
- Leading and overseeing the post-production process of editing and distribution plans for VOD and CMS management
- Participating in wider editorial meetings
- Making quick and smart editorial decisions in response to breaking news while remaining calm under pressure
- Gathering, studying and making recommendations based on data analytics related to live show(s) and VOD content on various digital media platforms
- Exercising strong editorial judgment and adhering to company standards and practices
- Highly collaborative, creative, and ‘bring it every day’ attitude
- At least 5-7 years of experience producing digital video content at a broadcast or major online news publication
- Strong line producing, control room and live show experience required
- Leadership/management experience preferred
- Broad knowledge of current events and financial news; expertise or even working knowledge of cryptocurrencies, blockchain and fintech a huge plus
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must thrive under daily deadline pressure and demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience in newsroom content management systems like WordPress and rundown management tools (like ENPS, iNews, Rundown Creator, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in broadcast style writing
- Strong understanding of trends and direct experience with digital platforms and social media
- Flexibility in scheduling as we experiment with launching new video shows and multimedia products
What CoinDesk offers:
- Full-time position
- Competitive salary and bonus offerings
- Robust Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Blockchain & Crypto Training Sessions
- We celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and our new hires!