HuffPost is looking for a visionary, ideas-driven editor and experienced manager to join our Enterprise team, with a focus on the intersection of culture and politics. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker who has an intuitive understanding of how ideas, entertainment and lived experience shape our national conversations about politics and power.
We seek someone who can mentor and lead reporters and come with fresh ideas to drive our coverage, break news, and set an agenda. This job will include overseeing a team of reporters and assigning and editing their copy, as well as working with other editors and reporters across the newsroom.
You will be joining a growing and diverse newsroom that reaches nearly 170 million people across the globe every month, and many millions more through our social platforms and partner platforms like Yahoo and AOL, which together reach over a billion users every month.
Requirements for success:
- 4+ years editing enterprise stories in either culture and/or politics
- 2+ years of management experience
- Be an aggressive, inspiring leader with a passion for news, politics and culture
- Have a demonstrated history of dramatically improving stories
- Be able and eager to develop and refine reporters' story ideas, and convince them of the value of your ideas
- Be able to juggle shorter, breaking stories with longer enterprise projects
- Know how to teach reporters to cover sensitive topics with compassion and verve
- Work collaboratively with reporters and fellow editors on stories
Produce impeccable copy
- Know how to package and promote stories for social, front page and membership
- Work collaboratively with video/photo/multimedia/data teams and with other editors
- Live for the thrill of being first on a story