We love Pittsburgh. The Incline is a news organization for Pittsburghers who want to understand today’s issues to make tomorrow better — and we’re hiring.
Are you a problem-solving reporter? Do you think like an editor? Are you interested in figuring out what stories have the biggest impact on the city? Are you driven to serve your community?
We’re a small team, and each voice here is weird and special in its own way. Are you a skilled data reporter? Love making photos and videos? Believe that the pen is mightier than the sword?
Tell us how you want to do this job and how you can make The Incline even more awesome.
What You’ll Do
- Pitch (pitch, pitch, pitch), report and create compelling original stories that aren’t being covered elsewhere.
- Experiment with storytelling forms that will resonate with our audience.
- Write our morning newsletter twice per week — it’s the best in Pittsburgh, and our readers love it.
- Find the best stories about Pittsburgh every day and point our readers to them. We do great journalism. We also help our audience connect with other outlets.
- Promote The Incline’s brand across the city and the industry via social media, live events and other means.
What We’re Looking For
- Experience working in a professional newsroom.
- A strong track record of using social media to find and draw an audience around news. Bonus points if you’ve managed social media platforms for brands.
- Extensive pitching experience and the ability to jump in with same-day stories when other plans fall through.
- A commitment to collaboration, both inside and outside the organization.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
Interested? Tell me how you want to do this job. Email Lexi Belculfine (with a resume, please) at firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 a.m. Monday, Jan. 7.
Spirited Media Inc., The Incline’s parent company, is an equal opportunity employer.