Colorado Public Radio's news room expansion continues with this exciting opportunity for a Digital Managing Editor. The Managing Editor/Digital is a senior newsroom supervisor, overseeing the development, execution and evaluation of CPR News’ multi-platform digital strategy.
- Innovative, inspiring leader who can push CPR into new avenues of multi-platform storytelling and who understands how audio reporting and digital reporting can work together and separately to extend storytelling and reach new audience.
- Works closely with other News managers to develop workflows (sometimes story by story) that serve all platforms.
- Experienced journalist with deep understanding of how to tailor storytelling for a digital audience - and who can lead reporters, producers and editors in design-based thinking.
- Establishes and leads a new, systematic way for digital staff throughout the organization to meet regularly to share initiatives, ideas, peer feedback, best practices.
- Develops and executes digital strategy for News, including website, mobile platforms, social media and newsletter.
- Assesses and establishes baselines for creating exceptional digital content: text, visual, audio.
- Explore and oversee strategies for new digital products that will drive audience and engagement.
View the full job description.
To apply, submit a cover letter that includes where you learned of the job opening, resume, three professional references and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with Managing Editor/Digital" in the subject line. Please also include links to samples of your best work or projects you have led.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No phone calls or drop ins please. Competitive salary and benefits.
Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity.
Knowledge and competencies:
Identification with the mission and purpose of Colorado Public Radio.
Minimum of five years of strong management experience in a newsroom that has proven digital innovation.
Technical experience with WordPress, newsletter technology, analytics, SEO coding and user experience preferred.
Track record of solving problems with innovation.
Impeccable news judgment and outstanding writing and editing skills.
Ability to work collaboratively within the newsroom and across departments.
Position is based in metro Denver.