Job No: 492841
Work Type: Staff Full-time
Department: Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
Location: Brookdale Center, 55 Fifth Avenue, NY, NY
Categories: Communications/Marketing/Media, Philanthropy
The Communications Associate will be a key team player in all aspects of internal and external communications, with a special responsibility for working with the Office of Institutional Advancement and Alumni Affairs. She/he will write and edit feature stories and profiles for use online and in our alumni magazine, assist in social media and digital marketing, and create newsletters and invitation materials for digital distribution. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing/editing and organizational skills. She/he will work on digital marketing campaigns, social media content creation and management, as well as general support for a full service academic communications office.
• Writing and editing alumni and student profile feature stories for alumni magazine and the school's online news feed
• Social media content management and creation
• Researching and writing about faculty achievements and on-campus events
• Website upkeep and creating basic visual graphics for media posts
• Writing clear, accurate and persuasive copy in multiple platforms
• Assisting in gathering and analysis of data on website and social media use to help the director of digital marketing develop strategic plans to reach targeted audiences
• Maintaining close relations with the office of alumni affairs to ensure communications goals are met.
• Scheduling photographic shoots
Experience & Educational Background:
• Bachelor’s Degree, with demonstrated ability to write clear, concise and well- organized content in different platforms
• Experience related to working in an educational institution and serving members of various administrative offices with their communications needs
• Experience managing and editing digital content and social media feeds
• A working knowledge of digital advertising and marketing
• Demonstrated ability to organize content and maintain production schedules
• Proven ability to juggle multiple assignments, manage priorities and meet deadlines
• Familiarity with Google Analytics, Facebook ads, and data collection tools.
Skills & Competencies:
• Familiarity with legal issues and legal writing a major plus
• Ability to write about sometimes technical topics (such as law and the courts) making them accessible to a general audience
• Highly comfortable writing and editing copy for magazine, newsletters, blog feeds and social media campaigns
• Familiarity with legal issues and legal writing. Ability to write legal stories that are accessible to a general audience.
• Word, Excel, CMS such as Drupal
• Ability to work in Constant Contact or other email marketing software. Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator is strongly preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent time management & organizational skills.
• Experience shooting photographs for social media and website use is preferred
The Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law is a leader in legal education, located in Manhattan’s Greenwich Village. The law school is renowned for its program in intellectual property, which includes the FAME Center for Fashion, Arts, Media and Entertainment Law. Cardozo Law has a long tradition of public advocacy and is the birthplace of the Innocence Project and the home of our Center for Rights and Justice. Cardozo offers a world-class faculty and encourages creative thinking and innovation in the legal profession. Cardozo provides students with a strong foundation in legal theory combined with practical hands-on experience in a variety of areas including criminal law, civil rights law, and business law. The school prides itself on creating a vibrant and warm community for faculty, staff and students.
A division of Yeshiva University, Cardozo Law School offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans. The law school is a secular institution within a religious university and welcomes people of all religions, ethnic backgrounds, races and sexual identities.
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1337716
Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.