Newsday.com is looking for an experienced web producer to help us run our homepage and app fronts serving Long Islanders, and creating digital content. This position requires significant web and newsroom experience, strong news judgment, an interest in mobile news and organizational skills.
- Running the homepage of newsday.com, our mobile site and app, at times without supervision
- Helping lead breaking news coverage, including sending mobile and email alerts
- Coming up with ideas and building unique local content, including daily items such as stories, interactives, photo galleries and databases
- Staying updated at all times on the latest developments in major stories
- Monitoring and analyzing metrics, audience data and other media websites
- Working on cross-departmental interactive projects from conception to creation to promotion
- Assigning and editing the work of interns
- Staying up-to-date on industry best practices and applying the latest audience growth techniques
- This position requires working one weekend day
Our ideal candidate is:
- Currently running a news website, homepage or section front
- Committed to a high standard of journalism with a keen attention to detail
- Fast, accurate and flexible
- Adept at juggling a variety of tasks and calm under pressure in breaking news situations
- Knowledgeable about the role social media and mobile applications play in expanding a website’s reach, and comfortable with technology
- Interested in helping us develop new ways newsday.com can better serve its audience and improve user interaction on the site
Experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree and two to three years of newsroom web producing experience.
- Worked with a web publishing content management system.
- Familiar with Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics or other metrics platforms.
- Basic HTML, including CSS, and photo editing skills.
- Reliable transportation to and from Newsday’s suburban Melville office.
-The person in this position needs to occasionally move about the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
-Ability to utilize a computer keyboard, computer monitor, and telephone for prolonged periods of time.
Newsday Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.