The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation's most effective environmental action organization. We use law, science and the support of 3.1 million members and online activists to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all living things. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our staff of more than 500 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy and communications experts, and others, work out of offices in New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, Montana and Beijing.
The Multimedia Coordinator will be the project manager for a team of creative professionals responsible for all visual content produced by NRDC. It’s the coordinator’s primary duty is to ensure that all work is organized and deadlines are met. The successful candidate will oversee workflow and manage the logistics of various projects from daily assignments to large scale events. The coordinator will break down overarching timelines into manageable milestones and monitor process from ideation to the delivery of final assets. In addition, the coordinator will assist the production process as directed by the Deputy Director.
The Multimedia Team is responsible for a diverse set of deliverables from the photo, video, and design disciplines so we’re looking for a multitasker who can easily transition from project to project often within the same day. The coordinator will handle production details that keep projects on task, including sourcing and working with vendors, purchasing and organizing NRDC swag, and the delivery of final assets inside and outside the organization.
The successful candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and is comfortable interacting with individuals at various professional levels inside and outside the organization. Basic knowledge of video, photo, and design production a plus. This position is located in our New York City office.
- Take overarching project deadlines and work out helpful tasklists with realistic and achievable milestones that ensure the work happens successfully from start to finish.
- Contact stakeholders internally and externally to liaise about deadlines and final deliverables and to respond to any real-time adjustments in schedule.
- Manage NRDC’s internal project management software iMeet for all Multimedia projects from start to finish, including creating workspaces, tasklists and milestones; maintaining and adjusting templated tasklists; and assigning editors tasks.
- Follow up with editors to ensure they are hitting their deadlines.
- Conduct morning meetings to keep team on track with tasks and milestones, determining any roadblocks with production and working with team leaders to resolve issues.
- Source and maintain relationships with preferred printing and swag vendors.
- Strive for efficiency on every project, finding ways the staff can increase productivity.
- Draft and circulate weekly reports of how published multimedia assets performed against Key Performance Indicators.
- Maintain robust inventory of NRDC t-shirts, buttons, stickers, signs and assorted other ephemera for the organization.
- At least three years of experience, preferably in a creative environment or another non-profit.
- At least two years working experience with project management software, preferably iMeet.
- Must have excellent written, verbal, interpersonal skills and be very detail oriented.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks accurately and according to procedure.
- Must possess a high degree of proficiency with the Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Interest in environmental issues preferred.
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, for positions based in San Francisco, CA we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/careers and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. We would like you to upload any additional papers or project work that you think would showcase your abilities. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing 1-800-899-4422.
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org