WHYY's "The Pulse" is seeking a full-time Producer.
This position, reporting to the Editorial Director and Creative Director of The Pulse, must be an experienced audio pro who can keep show production and plan on track. Must be well-versed in editing audio, and producing engaging and creative audio segments. Must be able to identify and book show guests.
We're looking for a colleague who works collaboratively with the editorial and digital teams to produce and package content in ways that optimize engagement with broadcast and digital audiences.
The ideal candidate will enjoy collaboration, but also be able to work independently at times. The position requires mature editorial judgments regarding the accuracy and newsworthiness of a segment. The ability to gather field audio when needed is a must.
- Must be savvy with all social media platforms and understand strategy for postings
- Audio editing and gathering field audio
- Strong writing, proofreading, and grammar skills
- ability to write for broadcast and interviews
- ProTools experience preferred