Writer/ Campaign Coordinator Needed
Wild Salmon Center, an international organization working to protect the Pacific’s salmon strongholds, seeks a strong writer and content creator to work part-time in our Portland, OR office. This person will work with our communications team to develop content for our organization and our partner campaigns, and work with our regional partners to post content across digital channels. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strive to build a healthy and inclusive workplace that respects and welcomes diversity.
- Author web posts about Wild Salmon Center’s work around the Pacific Rim
- Create fact sheets and other prints materials for our various programs
- Author campaign emails and social posts
- Coordinate with campaign partners to secure approvals and edits, coordinate media sharing, and post content.
- To a lesser extent, help development teams to compose donor correspondence.
- Some media outreach work may be required.
- At least five years’ experience in marketing, communications or media, with a heavy emphasis on writing.
- Excellent writing skills
- A nose for stories
- Highly adaptive to audience needs and messaging shifts
- Strong command of digital media platforms
- Commitment to defending public lands, waters, fish and wildlife, and the communities that depend on them
- Flexibility – the duties of this post with vary greatly from day to day.
Hours and Compensation
This is a half-time (20 hours per week), salaried, non-exempt position for the remainder of 2018. Salary starts at $25,000.
Position is open until filled.
If interested, send CV, five writing samples, and a letter of interest to email@example.com. Use the subject line “Writer/Campaign Coordinator Position.”
About Wild Salmon Center
WSC is the leading group working to protect the strongest wild salmon rivers around the entire North Pacific – salmon strongholds. We focus on wild salmon because they are an iconic and powerful conservation symbol, wild to the core, with an incredible life story. When you protect salmon, you support the life of whole watersheds and everything in them, including people. We build alliances with and work alongside the most effective local and regional partners in the North Pacific. Since 1992, we and our partners have together secured 71 rivers and 9 million acres in protected areas or special wild fish management areas. wildsalmoncenter.org