APPLY HERE: https://tinyurl.com/VisualInfoSpecialist
Closing Date: September 25, 2023
The Montgomery County Council is looking for outstanding professionals who are dedicated to video production and social media to help inform our diverse community of more than one million residents. Our synergy of talent, resources, inclusivity, and support makes the Council an ideal employer for individuals who are looking to innovate, work on a diverse range of issues and create blueprints for bold thinking. Council staff work with elected leaders, community groups, subject-matter experts and residents on a wide range of issues such as budgeting, legislation and land use decisions. Join an organization with a commitment to meeting the dynamic needs of our residents as we govern for today and plan for the future.
The Office of the County Council is seeking to hire a Visual Information and Social Media Specialist to create, design and produce video and social media content, produce graphics and social media campaigns and collateral materials to inform the public about public policy issues and the work of the Montgomery County Council.
Visual and Social Media Job Duties:
- Film and edit video content and media packages for social media and County Cable Montgomery
- Cover, film and take photos of press and community events
- Develop and implement social media campaigns and content in a culturally appropriate way
- Evaluate social media metrics and identify emerging social media trends
- Create graphics to help inform the public about public policy issues, the work of the Council and Montgomery County services
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range $61,788 - $80,008
- Videography and Photography
- Graphic Design
- Social Media Development
- Community Outreach and Engagement
- Active Listening
- Detail Oriented
Experience: Five (5) years of experience in television, public relations, marketing, commercial art, graphic design, television production or a related field, with strength in the design of total visual information products or a related field.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Graphic Arts, Commercial Art, Commercial Design, Television or Video Production, Public Relations, Marketing or a related field.
Equivalency: An equivalent combination of experience and education may be substituted.