KFSN-TV/ABC30, the ABC Owned station in Fresno, CA is looking for a Weather Anchor to join our #1 rated weekday news team. This person must have a strong on-air presence and a commanding, authoritative delivery, and know how to turn weather data into relevant information for viewers. Candidates must have experience covering severe weather on live TV. We want someone who strives to present an innovative weathercast on broadcast and digital platforms. You must be comfortable with the very latest in weather tools and technology.
Be prepared to show examples of how you embrace new technologies and new digital platforms to connect with and inform viewers. We want someone who wants to be involved in the community, is passionate about their work, and enjoys being part of a team.
- Forecast weather conditions 10 days out for Fresno and Central California
- Prepare relevant weather maps and innovative graphics to communicate the weather forecast and expected impacts.
- Present the forecast during live broadcasts and recordings for digital platforms.
- Communicate life-saving information to people during dangerous weather events.
- Skilled in analyzing weather observations to identify important atmospheric features.
- Skilled in utilizing computer model data to produce an accurate forecast.
- Possesses a knowledge of atmospheric dynamics and tropical meteorology.
- Proficient in producing graphics through IBM’s Max software.
- A minimum 3 years of experience broadcasting in a small or medium market.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Meteorology or associated geoscience preferred
The pay range for this SAG-AFTRA Union role in Fresno, California is $65,000 to $75,000 per year. The base pay actually offered may vary depending on the candidate’s job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors.
For more information, and to apply, go to www.abc30.com/jobs or send your resume to KFSN-TV, Human Resources, Dept. 23-WEA, 1777 G Street, Fresno, CA 93706. KFSN-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.