WUNC Part-time Social Media Podcast Producer: Poetry Cafe
North Carolina Public Radio WUNC, Chapel Hill
North Carolina Public Radio WUNC, the public radio station licensed to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, is hiring a temporary part-time Social Media Podcast Producer for the show Poetry Café.
The Position: The Social Media Podcast Producer will work roughly 20 hours a week to produce digital and on demand content for or related to the weekly radio production of the show Poetry Café.
The position will include the following specific duties:
- The Social Media Podcast Producer will use elements of audio, video and other media captured for use on the radio show Poetry Café and create digital content that supports the show and brand.
- The Social Podcast Producer will work with the host/creator to plan on demand and digital elements in advance of production. This person will be responsible for producing that content and distributing it through a network of digital platforms that may include the show website, social media platforms and other distribution networks.
- The Social Podcast Producer will be responsible for producing a podcast version of the weekly radio show to be distributed through podcast feeds and promoting the podcast on social media platforms.
The Candidate: The Social Media Podcast Producer will have experience in the production of show or podcast.
Leading candidates will have:
- At least one year of experience producing an audio or video production.
- At least one year of experience overseeing social media strategy for a production or organization.
- Demonstrated skill in audio editing, preferably with Adobe Audition.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and meet deadlines working with materials from a variety of sources and collaborators.
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues effectively and collaboratively.
- Creativity and initiative.
Interested applicants must apply at, https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/249272. Candidates should be prepared to attach a current resume and cover letter. The deadline to apply is 02/15/2023.
WUNC-FM and The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran. WUNC-FM is committed to anti-racism, diversity, and to building an inclusive newsroom.