WUNC Digital News Producer
North Carolina Public Radio WUNC, Chapel Hill
North Carolina Public Radio WUNC is hiring a Digital News Producer.
WUNC Radio provides quality news, information and entertainment programming to a broad listening audience that includes North Carolina, the United States and the world. WUNC serves North Carolinians from Greensboro to the Outer Banks through a network of seven stations, with a weekly cume of 300,000 listeners.
This position is located in Durham, NC.
The Digital News Producer creates and distributes news content on wunc.org and social media. The Digital News Producer develops story ideas, researches topics, conducts interviews, and produces meaningful content for WUNC. The Digital News Producer also aggregates and edits digital content created by other WUNC reporters and producers. The position is responsible for reporting and producing original stories for online publication and, on occasion, for broadcast. The position also produces and shares WUNC’s news content on social media, and back up/fill in for the Digital News Editor, as needed.
As news events do not conform to a regular 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. schedule, there will be times when the Digital News Producer will be called on for work during weekends and after hours.
The Digital News Producer will be an experienced news producer with strong reporting, production, editorial, and communication skills.
Preferred candidates will have:
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, communication, public policy, or related field.
- At least three years of experience as a journalist and/or digital news producer preferred.
- Experience at a listener-supported public radio station or network preferred.
- Experience with public radio or related not-for-profit fundraising preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and meet deadlines working with materials from a variety of sources and collaborators.
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues effectively and collaboratively.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Creativity and initiative.
- A familiarity with North Carolina’s issues preferred.
Interested applicants must apply at: https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/229023
Candidates should be prepared to attach a current resume, cover letter, and references. Please provide a link, or links, to one of your social media projects. The deadline to apply is 06/12/22.
WUNC-FM and The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and welcomes all to apply without regard to age, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. WUNC-FM is committed to anti-racism, diversity, and to building an inclusive newsroom.