Spectrum is looking for an Engagement Editor who will help us reach and involve our audience effectively.
Spectrum is an autism news site intended for scientists, although we are also read by many non-scientists. The site has won multiple awards for writing, multimedia and art.
You love talking to scientists and engaging them in conversations about our news, both offline and on. You can persuade them to present webinars and write opinion pieces. You have a clear understanding of social-media strategy and site analytics.
As Engagement Editor, you will embed yourself among autism researchers and be the first to know about trends and advances. You will commission opinion pieces from scientists, seek out editorial partnerships with other publications, select articles for syndication, and shape the presentation of Spectrum content across social media and other channels. You will also plan live events and support the marketing and engagement team's overall efforts.
Experience in journalism is required. An academic science background and experience in neuroscience, genomics or a related field are a plus.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to help shape the conversation in one of the most exciting fields in science.
Bring at least three years of experience and an unerring grasp of journalism trends. We offer a generous salary and truly excellent benefits.
- Engage with the scientific community online and off, and be the first to know about trends and advances.
- Promote Spectrum content on social media, and implement a social-media strategy.
- Commission opinion pieces, plan webinars and roundtables, and produce live events.
- Syndicate Spectrum articles.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- At least three years of journalism experience, social-media skills and impeccable news judgment.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Please submit a resume and cover letter stating your interest in the position.
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment.The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.