WMUK-FM at Western Michigan University seeks to fill a full-time News Director position. For complete description, minimum requirements and application procedures, visit our website at: http://www.wmujobs.org posting #0605823. Only applications submitted through this site by the deadline will be considered. WMU is an AA/EO Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and all other qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
- Three years' relevant experience.
- Supervisory or lead experience.
- Strong broadcasting newswriting skills.
- Familiarity with AP style.
- Working experience with editorial functions in a broadcasting organization.
- Experience in news management or an equivalent expertise.
- Experience with digital audio editing, both single and multi-track.
- Knowledge of FCC laws relating to the delivery of news and public affairs content.
- Deep understanding of the purpose and mission of public broadcasting.
- Strong news gathering and writing skills and in-depth knowledge of journalism ethics and practices.
- Demonstrated experience producing news content on tight deadlines.
- Strong familiarity with Adobe Audition, with some background using other Adobe Creative Suite applications.
- One year experience hosting public radio news magazine programs.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills; strong time management skills.
- Deep knowledge of journalism practices and techniques, including broadcast news copywriting.
- Some grant writing experience.
- Experience with radio hosting.