Reuters is looking for an outstanding LNG and Energy Transition Reporter and writer to cover liquefied natural gas (LNG) and the broader energy transition to cleaner and renewable fuels, based in Houston. This is an exciting opportunity to cover a fast-growing market for a fuel many governments view as a transition fuel. Investor and public pressures for a rapid transition from fossil fuels to clean energies are upending the energy business and may curtail LNG’s growth. The successful candidate will be able to write on deadline and use video and other media to capture the enormous financial, political and technological upheaval as lower-carbon fuels become a larger force in markets.
About the Role
As our LNG and Energy Transition Reporter, you will:
- Bring ideas and drive to reporting and writing about the intricacies of global energy flows
- Report on LNG markets, suppliers, customers and pricing, and have a firm grasp of natural gas pipeline businesses
- Produce scoops and set the agenda as U.S. LNG exporters challenge global rivals
- Generate and execute ambitious investigative stories on the gas and LNG industry
- Report on the utility sector, growing renewable power supplies, carbon credits and their interplay with gas and LNG
- Collaborate with journalists in Asia, Europe, and the United States to break exclusive news
About the Role
As our LNG and Energy Transition Reporter, you should have:
- At least five years’ experience covering finance or commodities, preferably in energy
- A track record in breaking news
- A clip file that shows extensive in-depth reporting and your ability to tackle ambitious and high impact stories.
- Strong news judgment and the ability to deliver stories in a fast-paced newsroom
- Outstanding source building skills
- Multimedia skills
- Be a team player
What’s in it For You
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Global Career: As a global company, we can offer a truly international career and progression opportunities
- Learning & Development: On the job learning and coaching. We also have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our journalists
- Benefits: We offer competitive salary packages and market leading benefits
- Perks: Work alongside Pulitzer’s Prize-winning journalists and a team who provide unmatched, award-winning coverage of the world’s most important stories.
Reuters is the world’s largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias. With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world's media organizations, industry events and directly to consumers.
Reuters: The Real World in Real Time
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on https://thomsonreuters.com.