Reuters wants to hire a savvy, scoop-hungry Financial Technology Correspondent based in the United States whose sources and bylines are at the intersection of finance and technology. This role covers a wide range of topics, including cryptocurrency, payments, new trading venues, neo-banks and how traditional firms from Wall Street to Silicon Valley are responding to emerging competitors. Financial technology has become a crucial topic on the Finance and Markets file, and the successful candidate would enter the job prepared to deliver stories that reveal new information about major players in the fintech world. Ideally, this person would have a strong set of clips, a solid source list and a set of coverage ideas that stand out.
About the Role
As our Financial Technology Correspondent, you will:
- Deliver exclusive stories about fintech players such as Robinhood, Square or Revolut, as well as how blue-chip companies like JPMorgan Chase, Walmart, PayPal or Facebook are developing products to compete with them
- Be prepared to jump on breaking news about financial technology, including cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin
- Collaborate with colleagues across the newsroom who cover companies or regulators to deliver scoops and initiative stories
- Be creative about sourcing to find people, data and documents that reveal new information about the financial technology space
You're a fit for the Financial Technology Correspondent, if you likely have:
- A strong work ethic, team spirit and passion to win
- A track record of generating scoops and producing impactful stories
- A rolodex of sources across relevant companies, from executives to investors, and a tack for cultivating new ones
- Financial literacy, a firm grasp of what financial technology encompasses
- An ability to deconstruct fintech jargon into language anyone can understand
What’s in it For You
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Global Career: As a global company, we can offer a truly international career and progression opportunities
- Learning & Development: On the job learning and coaching. We also have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our journalists
- Benefits: We offer competitive salary packages and market leading benefits
- Perks: Work alongside Pulitzer’s Prize-winning journalists and a team who provide unmatched, award-winning coverage of the world’s most important stories.
Reuters is the world’s largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias. With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world's media organizations, industry events and directly to consumers.
Reuters: The Real World in Real Time
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on https://thomsonreuters.com.