The Boston Globe metro department is hiring an insatiably curious general assignment reporter who can report and write with flair about anything and everything. We want someone who can elevate stories onto the front page and the top of the Globe.com homepage. We are looking for a relentless reporter with wide-ranging interests; someone who can write about state government one day and poisonous caterpillars the next. We want someone who can both generate story ideas and take assignments, turning them around swiftly when necessary.
The ideal candidate is a versatile and fearless reporter with a high metabolism, someone who can write with depth, creativity, and flair. A few other qualities that would make you a good fit for this position:
- You’re creative and enterprising. You see fresh angles to storylines everywhere. You’re a master at cultivating sources.
- You can handle the most important, sensitive stories the Globe covers.
- You can write quickly and nimbly on deadline for the web and print.
- You’re a collaborative reporter who likes being part of a team.
- You are able to pivot quickly and take assignments, whether they’re on the biggest news story of the day, a quirky feature, or hard news.
- At least 3-5 years experience as a journalist at a major market or publication.
- Ability to write clean, compelling copy on deadline.
- Ability to elevate good stories into great ones.
- Adaptable and enterprising.
- A team player who thrives in a group setting.
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
EEO Statement: Boston Globe Media Partners LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic.