Company: DiversityInc Media LLC
Position: Senior Content Editor
Pay: $90K + bonuses based on content delivery & performance
Job Type: Full-time Location: New Jersey, New York City
About the role:
As the senior content editor, you will be writing daily and leading content development and execution across the DiversityInc Best Practices website and social channels to help grow website memberships and drive weekly reader engagement. You will lead a small team of staff to craft the most engaging and compelling articles, research reports and toolkits to help our customers improve their diversity, equity and inclusion programs, practices, and initiatives. For a self-starter who thrives in ambiguous situations and fast-paced environments, this role offers a huge opportunity to help shape the tone and voice of an established, well-respected brand.
- Write articles daily and create fresh content for our website and social channels to scale our audience reach and drive engagement
- Use data analytics and survey results to create insights-driven content about current and future topics that best serve our existing and future customers
- Meticulously monitor and analyze content performance to optimize impact for our members
- Build out a content library consisting of reports and diversity and inclusion management resources
- Support an inclusive workplace while managing and mentoring a team of staff writers
- Assist with copyedits and fact-check a high volume of articles
- Maintain and protect the DiversityInc brand across all digital media channels
- Bachelor’s degree in a writing-intensive major (e.g., Journalism, Communications, English Literature, Media, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, etc.)
- 5+ years of editing experience in a fast-paced digital environment publishing world-class content for a diverse consumer audience
- Skilled at researching and writing content focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Experience weaving SEO best practices into well-researched, informative articles
- Impeccable writing skills: ability to harness style, tone, and voice to appeal to our target audience
- Works well in a fast-paced environment with short timelines and the ability to pivot quickly
- Comfortable using a range of technology platforms
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must be able to work in the NJ office at least 1-2 times each month
- High energy, positive personality, with ability to connect with people from different backgrounds
- High degree of independence, self-motivation, and adaptability.
Please send resume and cover letter along with writing samples to CEO@DiversityInc.com
DiversityInc is a data-driven, DEI services firm that helps iconic companies create inclusive workplaces and improve business outcomes. Through our benchmarking, branding, training, and online solutions, we use our industry expertise and analytics to create solutions that work.
You will be surrounded by colleagues who are passionate about diversity and making DiversityInc the leading DEI solution provider. If you are a passionate, face-paced writer expert ready to utilize their talents to make a positive impact, we want to hear from you!