- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Location: One of Marketplace’s offices in LA, NY, DC or remote (anywhere within the U.S.A.)
- Start Date: June 7, 2021 – December 17, 2021
- Compensation: $15.00/hour
Intern, Marketplace Tech:
Marketplace Tech is seeking an individual who is interested in joining a daily radio show and podcast. Someone who wants to help the team uncover how tech influences our lives in unexpected ways and provides context for listeners who care about the impact of tech, business and the digital world. Are YOU that person? If so, then come join us as the Marketplace Tech Intern! You would be working directly on the Marketplace Tech show with Molly Wood. This experience will provide you with experience in the nuts and bolts of our production - from pitching ideas to learning how to produce segments. Join our team as we work to demystify the digital economy.
Key Learning Goals:
- Learn how audio production and editing works
- Learn fundamentals of business and tech journalism
- Learn and perform a variety of production, research, administrative, and editorial tasks, including cutting tape, and writing digital copy
- Write show promos, daily station updates, digital copy, and other material
- Contribute ideas for episodes, with a collaborative editorial team
- Conduct pre-interviews for guests
- Enrolled Senior in an undergraduate or Master’s program OR have earned a degree within the last 12 months
- A demonstrated interest in journalism
- A demonstrated interest in covering technology
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills
- Self-starter with an appetite for learning audio skills
- Education or tangible journalism experience
- Experience editing audio
Next Step in the Application:
In addition to your skills and knowledge, we want to get to know you in the application process. In addition to your resume, please include a cover letter (of no more than 1 page) with answers to the following:
- What professional skills would you like to add to your toolbox in the months and years to come to grow in your career field?
- Where do you see yourself professionally in five-years and how will this role help you achieve that goal?