Iowa Public Radio is searching for a journalist to join our News team as the All Things Considered Host in the Des Moines office.
This position is responsible for Iowa Public Radio’s local presentation of newscasts and other local news content, as well as weather, continuity breaks and other local content during the statewide broadcast of All Things Considered. The position is also responsible for playing a vital role in Iowa Public Radio’s overall reporting and production of news content.
- Comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, retirement plan, immediate accrual of vacation and sick time
Please submit application materials to email@example.com. Inquiries may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For full consideration, applications must include the following:
- Cover letter, resume and contact information for at least three (3) professional references.
- Sample(s) of your work including:
- Writing samples that include a newscast script and a newscast spot;
- Audio demo consisting of a newscast, two continuity/program breaks that include at least one example of forward promotion, and a two-way (interview) you produced with a station reporter or newsmaker. (If you don’t have a sample of a two-way, you may produce one for this application.) Please upload the demo to Soundcloud, kiwi6, or another hosting site and send IPR the links.
Applications must be received by 5 pm Monday, March 1, 2021. Employment is contingent upon the successful outcome of a background check.
Iowa Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Broadcasting, or related field;
5 years experience as a reporter, producer, correspondent or other on-air journalism-related role in a professional radio environment, with at least 2 years of news magazine hosting or newscasting;
Strong broadcast journalism writing skills;
Strong knowledge of and adherence to journalism ethics;
Experience using digital audio editing packages, such as Adobe Audition; and
Ability to produce multimedia materials, online audio and photos using standard production tools.
Experience hosting news magazines in public media; and
Experience in reporting for public radio.