- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Location: Los Angeles, CA or remote (anywhere within the U.S.A.)
- Start Date: June 7, 2021 - January 21, 2022
- Compensation: $15.00/hour
Intern, Production - Marketplace:
We are looking for an intern who is innately curious about raising the economic intelligence of our audience; organized and detail-oriented; and able to pitch ideas and produce stories in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives on the deadline pressure of a daily radio and multimedia enterprise.
- Learn and perform a variety of production, research, and editorial tasks, including cutting tape.
- Write show promos, daily station updates, and other materials.
- Contribute ideas for stories and other editorial material.
- Conduct pre-interviews for on-air guests.
- Produce interviews for the show.
- Database and web projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Eligible to accrue sick time off.
- Eligible for health insurance as required under the ACA.
- Participate in robust on-boarding experience.
- Professional development: on-the-job training, intercultural development assessment, formal performance review feedback sessions, etc.
- Participate in brown bag sessions to gain broader perspective of the organization.
- Enrolled Senior in an undergraduate or Master’s program OR have earned a degree within the last 12 months.
- Basic knowledge of audition.
- A demonstrated interest in journalism (i.e. produced work for publication, worked at school newspaper/radio, etc.)
- Must have the ability to write, meet deadlines, and work independently.
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with the ability to learn new software programs.
- Self-starter with an appetite for learning radio.
- Coursework or experience in journalism.