- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Location: Any of Marketplace’s offices in LA, NY, DC or remote (anywhere within the U.S.A.)
- Start Date: June 7, 2021 – December 17, 2021
- Compensation: $15.00/hour
Intern, Social Marketing - Marketplace:
Our newsroom is seeking an individual who has an active interest in journalism and social marketing. We are seeking a creative and data driven intern to provide support to the social team. Are YOU that person? If so, you will have an opportunity to work alongside social producers with a focus on finding engaging ways to tell stories across platforms. You will learn how to strengthen skills in writing, content creation, analytics, video, design and marketing.
Key Learning Goals:
This would be a great role for someone interested in the intersection of editorial and social marketing.
- The culture and business of a nonprofit media organization
- Insight into the journalism industry and Marketplace’s properties. The social team touches everything from On-Demand, Shows, Digital, Giving, Brand, etc.
- Develop campaigns and posts that drive connection to our brand and help further our mission to raise the economic intelligence of the country
- How to look at data responsibly and draw actionable insights from them
- Tangible experience in social marketing for a journalism organization
- Help create engaging posts to grow Marketplace’s social footprint
- Work with team members to bring strategies to life through clear, mobile-first and creative presentations
- Monitor conversations across platforms
- Assist in ideation, social content planning, scheduling
- Help aggerate social data to gain insights into analytics that drive traffic and engagement
- Conduct research on key industry trends and competitive insights
- Source photo and video and music stock footage as it pertains to projects
- Research story ideas; help storyboard ideas; contribute to scripts as needed
- Partial subsidy for onsite parking or public transportation
- Eligible to accrue sick time off
- Eligible for health insurance as required under the ACA
- Participate in robust on-boarding experience
- Professional development: on-the-job training, intercultural development assessment, formal performance review feedback sessions, etc.
- Participate in brown bag sessions to gain broader perspective of the organization
- Enrolled Senior in an undergraduate or Master’s program OR have earned a degree within the last 12 months
- Strong working knowledge with social media platforms
- Working knowledge of Photoshop is a must
- Self-starter with an interest in journalism and how economic news intersects with people’s lives
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work both independently and collaboratively
- A team player who is accountable, proactive, and solution-oriented
- Coursework or experience in journalism
- Graphic design experience
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects and Illustrator
Next Step in the Application:
In addition to your skills and knowledge, we want to get to know you in the application process. In addition to your resume, please include a cover letter (of no more than 1 page) with answers to the following:
- What professional skills would you like to add to your toolbox in the months and years to come to grow in your career field?
- Where do you see yourself professionally in five-years and how will this role help you achieve that goal?