- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Location: St. Paul, MN or remote (anywhere within the U.S.A.)
- Start Date: June 7, 2021 – August 27, 2021
- Compensation: $15.00/hour
Intern, Call to Mind:
Call to Mind is APM|MPR’s initiative to foster new conversations about mental health.
As the Call to Mind Intern, you will be involved in the following:
- Catalogue and organize Call to Mind's mental health content to inform and help refresh CallToMindNow.org website. Call to Mind works with national and regional media partners, including co-productions with external public media organizations and teams within American Public Media and Minnesota Public Radio like: MPR News, The Current, Classical MPR, On Demand, and others.
- Learn and help inform Call to Mind in ways to best present digital content for audiences to more easily access important mental health stories, reports, interviews, programs and more.
- Gain hands-on experience in digital production, produce and present content to present expert advice to help people find ways to improve their well-being and resilience, fostering more empathy and understanding of mental illnesses.
- Help empower Call to Mind to be a more nimble content initiative and help reach younger audiences through digital platforms by optimizing our content for easier navigation and shareability. They will also help shape Call to Mind's growth in broadcast, live event, and other content areas.
Key Learning Goals:
- Organization skills of website content
- Ability to produce digital content packages
- Ability to update CallToMindNow.org website
- Some live event and broadcast production techniques
- Cataloging co-produced mental health content across MPR And APM departments, platforms
- Optimizing digital content at CallToMindNow.org on Squarespace
- Helping inform and execute our digital engagement strategy
- Assisting in the production and promotion of Call to Mind live events and content
- Partial subsidy for onsite parking or public transportation.
- Eligible to accrue sick time off.
- Eligible for health insurance as required under the ACA.
- Participate in robust on-boarding experience.
- Professional development: on-the-job training, intercultural development assessment, formal performance review feedback sessions, etc.
- Participate in brown bag sessions to gain broader perspective of the organization.
- Enrolled Sophomore, Junior, or Senior in an undergraduate or Master’s program OR have earned a degree within the last 12 months
- Website building experience
- Knowledge of AP style
- Understanding of digital copyright use and limitation standards
- Fluent in emerging social media use and trends
- Mobile image, graphic and video creation production
- Squarespace website site building experience
Next Step in the Application:
In addition to your skills and knowledge, we want to get to know you in the application process. In addition to your resume, please include a cover letter (of no more than 1 page) with answers to the following:
- What professional skills would you like to add to your toolbox in the months and years to come to grow in your career field?
- Where do you see yourself professionally in five-years and how will this role help you achieve that goal?