Reuters is looking for a Social and Community Engagement Editor to develop a social media presence for our new legal news vertical on Reuters.com. The Legal Social and Community Engagement Editor will own our presence on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp and other social and emerging platforms. The ideal candidate has experience with journalism on social media, an interest in legal issues and a strong vision for how the world's largest global news organization should build and engage audiences digitally.
The successful candidate will be able to work with speed and accuracy, and will be brimming with ideas for social storytelling and be able to see how those fit into an overall strategy that is informed by analytics and a deep understanding of digital news.
About the Role?
As Social and Community Engagement Editor you will:
- Work with journalists to develop ideas for telling stories on social that use words, images, videos and interactive assets
- Identify the best social channels for a particular project and manage those accounts
- Design, execute, optimize and measure social media and content campaigns (organic and paid)
- Own social listening tools to generate insights and fuel social conversation
- Identify and deploy data and analytics management and reporting across social platforms to hone strategy in response to metrics and develop and establish strategies for audience engagement and growth
- Drive development and implementation of a social media strategy to increase followers, engagement, and conversation
- Troubleshoot all site issues with development team
- Reinforce Reuters Trust principles and standards across all platforms
You are qualified for the Social and Community Engagement Editor if you have:
- At least three years of journalism and social-media experience in a newsroom, with a quick metabolism for the daily news cycle
- Familiarity with social-media publishing and analytics tools, including SocialFlow, CrowdTangle and other relevant software or platforms
- Experience working on high-quality editorial products
- Experience working in breaking-news situations and on curated products
- Understanding of audience engagement metrics and industry best practices
- Exceptional news judgment and attention to detail
- Excellent writing and news presentation skills
- An interest in legal news
What’s in it For You
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Global Career: As a global company, we can offer a truly international career and progression opportunities
- Learning & Development: On the job learning and coaching. We also have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our journalists
- Benefits: We offer competitive salary packages and market leading benefits
- Perks: Work alongside Pulitzer’s Prize-winning journalists and a team who provide unmatched, award-winning coverage of the world’s most important stories.
Reuters is the world’s largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias. With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world's media organizations, industry events and directly to consumers.
Reuters: The Real World in Real Time
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.