Reuters is seeking an experienced Legal News Editor to elevate our legal news coverage and ensure that it becomes essential reading for attorneys.
About the Role
The Legal News Editor must possess excellent news judgment and the ability to quickly turn around coverage of breaking news of importance to lawyers, while simultaneously planning more in-depth analyses. The right candidate must be highly organized, able to guide and motivate reporters covering numerous legal beats, and eager to collaborate with editors and content partners throughout Thomson Reuters. This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in legal news and in being part of a high-profile enterprise that is of strategic importance to the company.
This can be a work-from-home role or else will be based in one of our major offices. To be considered, please provide a cover letter in addition to your resume.
You are a fit for this role of Legal News Editor if you have:
- A minimum of five years of experience as a journalist with at least two covering legal topics
- Experience managing both junior and senior reporters
- Excellent editing and rewriting skills, with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Proven news judgment and analytical abilities
- Ideas for new projects and how we might expand and improve our legal coverage
- Ability to prioritize concurrent projects and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to analyze and anticipate the interests of a specialized audience
What’s in it For You
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Global Career: As a global company, we can offer a truly international career and progression opportunities
- Learning & Development: On the job learning and coaching. We also have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our journalists
- Benefits: We offer competitive salary packages and market leading benefits
- Perks: Work alongside Pulitzer’s Prize-winning journalists and a team who provide unmatched, award-winning coverage of the world’s most important stories.
Reuters is the world’s largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias. With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world's media organizations, industry events and directly to consumers.
Reuters: The Real World in Real Time
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Boston-Massachusetts-United States of America;Chicago-Illinois-United States of America;New York-New York-United States of America;San Francisco-California-United States of America