Inman is seeking an ambitious, sharp reporter/editor with experience covering the mortgage industry to join our editorial team as Mortgage Editor. This new role will oversee the launch of a new mortgage/digital mortgage vertical for Inman, writing and editing daily articles and longer-term features as well as overseeing an email newsletter covering the industry. The job includes managing a stable of freelance writers with the potential to grow a larger team over time. We aim to change the game, and the sky’s the limit.
This is a remote work position and can be done from anywhere in North America. The position offers competitive salary and benefits.
- Conceptualize and plan the new mortgage beat for Inman, working with editorial and growth team leaders to define editorial goals and set metrics for success
- Report and write daily on the mortgages and digital mortgage beat, producing a mix of breaking news, commentary and in-depth articles
- Oversee the launch of an Inman mortgage email newsletter
- Hire and nurture a team of contributors with the longer-term goal of growing a team
KEY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- 2+ years experience as a reporter in mortgage, real estate and/or finance for digital outlets
- Serious web savvy, including extensive experience using web-based CMSs and newsletter tools to build and reach new audiences, ideally with one or more new product launch under your belt
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to write with verve and flair
- Superb reporting, teamwork, negotiation and interpersonal skills
Inman is an equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive workplace environment. This is a full-time, remote position.