Tradeoffs is a nonprofit health policy podcast whose mission is to create a trustworthy source of journalism that engages people intellectually and emotionally. All too often health care decision makers lack the necessary facts and data they need to make informed decisions that impact the lives of millions of Americans. Our work ensures that policymakers, industry leaders and the American public are better informed about the tough choices required to reform the U.S. health care system.
Our show follows three principles: (1) rely on research and evidence; (2) employ storytelling techniques; and (3) focus at the intersection of policy, money and people.
Tradeoffs is looking for a Marketing and Communications Manager to help us grow our show’s audience to include as many people as possible in the halls of government, boardrooms of industry, classrooms, and earbuds of average Americans.
This is a full-time, grant-funded position for one year, beginning early 2021. It will report to the Chief of Strategy and Operations and can be done from anywhere. The salary range is $65,000-$80,000. We are a remote team spread across the country, and due to production schedules and the nature of news, this position may be asked to work outside normal working hours.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure all Tradeoffs content and marketing assets share a cohesive brand including visuals, tone and style
- Develop a comprehensive communications plan and calendar for Tradeoffs in 2021
- Work with Tradeoffs journalists to produce promotional language and materials around weekly episodes
- Create and execute an innovative and engaging social media strategy that positions Tradeoffs as part of the ongoing health policy conversation
- Develop and implement a strategy to grow the audience of all Tradeoffs properties (including podcast, website, weekly newsletter and social media accounts) in targeted health care markets (academia, think tanks, advocacy groups, industry, and state and federal policymakers)
- Design and track metrics of success for Tradeoffs exposure and engagement
- Pitch Tradeoffs content and journalists to other media outlets including other podcasts, television, radio and newsletters, as well as conferences and other speaking opportunities
- Plan and pilot a virtual and/or in-person event strategy to engage Tradeoffs’ fans and grow our audience
What you’ll bring:
- 3 to 5 years experience working in marketing, ideally with a media organization or in health care
- Interest in podcasting, health care and health care policy
- Creative and innovative perspective on disseminating important journalism
- Understanding of, and ideally connections to, the landscape of advocacy groups, associations, companies, training programs and events within the health care industry
- Capacity to work independently and make progress on multiple assignments simultaneously
- Bonus points if you have basic design skills (Canva, Photoshop, etc.) and SEO knowledge!
- Eagerness to have fun and collaborate with a small and dedicated team
Don’t feel like you can check every single box above? That’s okay! If you’re passionate about this job, we want to meet you!
Tradeoffs is committed to building an inclusive and equitable workplace. Everyone, especially those from historically underrepresented groups, are encouraged to apply. We value lived experience, including with the systems that shape our health and health care, in addition to work experience. Tradeoffs does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability.
How to apply:
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com