CoinDesk is the leading media platform covering the emergence of a new financial system and serving the next generation of global investing. Founded in 2013, its journalism, research and events provide critical insights to emerging cryptocurrencies, blockchain and related technologies, and the industries developing around them.
CoinDesk is a quickly growing company with incredible ambition. We are expanding our multimedia offerings by building out our live programming and on-demand video products. We’d love for you to join us if you’re willing to take on new challenges and immerse yourself in a world of intelligent, forward thinking and also, fun humans.
Based in NYC, CoinDesk has 75 full-time employees around the world and is an independently run subsidiary of the Digital Currency Group, the largest investment & operating company in the blockchain industry.
CoinDesk is looking for a Producer, Live Broadcast to join its growing digital video team. This person is ready to roll up his or her sleeves to help launch “CoinDesk TV” with an exciting slate of daily & weekly live and taped shows. While it would be great and certainly provide an edge, you don’t need to be an expert (yet) on all things crypto and blockchain. The ideal candidate has impeccable editorial judgment, strong writing and editing skills and has live control room and line producing experience. Most important, you must be a team player who leads by example and works well with your own staff as well as other departments. This position is based at our headquarters office in New York City.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the Senior Producer (Live Broadcast) and wider editorial team to develop and launch original new live programs on brand for CoinDesk
- Collaborating with Senior Producer on the development of daily rundowns, story selection, bookings, graphics generation, video editing and script writing
- Pitching and executing on original segment and guest ideas
- Coordinating with on-air talent on research, scripts and best ways to deliver content and diverse points of view
- Synchronizing with control room/technical staff to execute clean, high-quality shows
- Working on post-production editing, writing and distribution for VOD and CMS management
- Responding quickly and responsibly to breaking news
- Exercising strong editorial judgment and adhering to company standards and practices
- Booking and coordinating high quality guests as necessary
- Serving as a back-up to Senior Producer
- Mentoring junior team members
- Highly collaborative, creative, and ‘bring it every day’ attitude
- At least 3-5 years of experience producing digital video content at a broadcast or major online news publication
- Strong line producing, control room and live show experience
- Broad knowledge of current events and financial news; expertise or even working knowledge of cryptocurrencies, blockchain and fintech a huge plus
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must work well under daily deadline pressure and demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience in newsroom content management systems like WordPress and rundown management tools (like ENPS, iNews, Rundown Creator etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in broadcast style writing
- Direct experience with digital platforms and social media
- Working experience with video editing software such as Adobe Creative Cloud a plus
- Flexibility in scheduling as we experiment with launching new video shows and multimedia products
What CoinDesk offers:
- Full-time position
- Competitive salary and bonus offerings
- Robust Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Blockchain & Crypto Training Sessions
- We celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and our new hires!