CoinDesk is the leading media platform covering the emergence of a new financial system and serving the next generation of global investing. Founded in 2013, its journalism, research and events provide critical insights to emerging cryptocurrencies, blockchain and related technologies, and the industries developing around them.
CoinDesk is a quickly growing company with incredible ambition. We are expanding our multimedia offerings by building out our live programming and on-demand video products. We’d love for you to join us if you’re willing to take on new challenges and immerse yourself in a world of intelligent, forward thinking and also, fun humans.
Based in NYC, CoinDesk has over 75 full-time employees around the world and is an independently run subsidiary of the Digital Currency Group, the largest investment & operating company in the blockchain industry.
CoinDesk is looking for a Master Control Operator/Video Editor to join its growing digital video team. This person is ready to roll up his or her sleeves to help launch “CoinDesk TV” with an exciting slate of daily & weekly live and taped shows. The Master Control Op/Video Editor works with the control room staff to provide operations support for a live, fast-paced show environment. In addition, pre and post live show(s), you will work with the production staff to provide video editing support for the program(s). Most important, you must be a team player who leads by example and works well with your own staff as well as other departments. This position is based at our headquarters office in New York City.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating inbound and outbound transmissions
- Checking-in remote guests, color correct feeds, and operate audio/video routing systems
- Troubleshooting, testing and recommending best practices for remote (zoom, skype, google hangouts, etc.) shots with guests
- Bringing in various satellite and internet live feeds to control room
- Managing web streaming and transmission technologies
- Overseeing implementation of commercial breaks and logs
- Contributing and supporting large and small offsite productions and live feeds for CoinDesk Events (conferences etc.) as needed
- Highly collaborative, creative, and ‘bring it every day’ attitude
- At least 1 year of experience as a master control operator in a live news production environment at a television broadcast or digital news studio
- High proficiency in various video editing software such as Adobe Creative Cloud
- Must take direction and work well under daily deadline pressure and demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility in scheduling as we experiment with launching new video shows and multimedia products
What CoinDesk offers:
- Full-time position
- Competitive salary and bonus offerings
- Robust Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Blockchain & Crypto Training Sessions
- We celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and our new hires!