CoinDesk is the leading media platform covering the emergence of a new financial system and serving the next generation of global investing. Founded in 2013, its journalism, research and events provide critical insights to emerging cryptocurrencies, blockchain and related technologies, and the industries developing around them.
CoinDesk is a quickly growing company with incredible ambition. We are expanding our multimedia offerings by building out our live programming and on-demand video products. We’d love for you to join us if you’re willing to take on new challenges and immerse yourself in a world of intelligent, forward thinking and also, fun humans.
Based in NYC, CoinDesk has over 75 full-time employees around the world and is an independently run subsidiary of the Digital Currency Group, the largest investment & operating company in the blockchain industry.
CoinDesk is looking for a Director/Technical Director to join its growing digital video team. This person is ready to roll up his or her sleeves to help launch “CoinDesk TV” with an exciting slate of daily & weekly live and taped shows. The Director/TD works with Producers to assemble show rundowns, block cameras, set lighting and talent placement. In addition, the role requires operating a video switcher and robotic cameras. Most important, you must be a team player who leads by example and works well with your own staff as well as other departments. This position is based at our headquarters office in New York City.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Directing and presenting creative ideas and solutions for optimizing shots, equipment and utilizing the studio for live and taped daily & weekly shows
- Working with the senior production leadership team to develop workflow and technically execute original new live and taped programs on brand for CoinDesk
- Leading the control room team in executing daily rundowns
- Working with Head of Studio Ops/Head Engineer to develop and test backup plans for remote production should another pandemic require it
- Directing/TDing and supporting large and small offsite productions and live feeds for CoinDesk Events (conferences etc.)
- Highly collaborative, creative, and ‘bring it every day’ attitude
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a live news production environment at a television broadcast or digital news studio
- Solid understanding and direct experience with various control room equipment (switchers, audio boards, graphics etc.) and studio equipment (robo cams, lighting grids etc.)
- Must work well under daily deadline pressure and demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in newsroom content management systems like WordPress, rundown management tools (like ENPS, iNews, Rundown Creator etc.) and digital asset management tools
- High proficiency in video editing software such as Adobe Creative Cloud
- Flexibility in scheduling as we experiment with launching new video shows and multimedia products
What CoinDesk offers:
- Full-time position
- Competitive salary and bonus offerings
- Robust Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Blockchain & Crypto Training Sessions
- We celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and our new hires!