CoinDesk is the leading media platform covering the emergence of a new financial system and serving the next generation of global investing. Founded in 2013, its journalism, research and events provide critical insights to emerging cryptocurrencies, blockchain and related technologies, and the industries developing around them.
CoinDesk is a quickly growing company with incredible ambition. We are expanding our multimedia offerings by building out our live programming and on-demand video products. We’d love for you to join us if you’re willing to take on new challenges and immerse yourself in a world of intelligent, forward thinking and also, fun humans.
Based in NYC, CoinDesk has over 50 full-time employees around the world and is an independently run subsidiary of the Digital Currency Group, the largest investment & operating company in the blockchain industry.
CoinDesk is looking for an Associate Producer/Booker to join its growing digital video team. This person is ready to roll up his or her sleeves to help launch “CoinDesk TV” with an exciting slate of daily & weekly live and taped shows. The ideal candidate has impeccable editorial judgment, great interpersonal skills, unwavering persistence in pursuing top guests, and has a deep desire for finding new guests with diverse perspectives. While the majority of your time will be booking guests, you will also wear many hats to do whatever it takes for a small team to produce and deliver high-quality shows daily & weekly. Most important, you must be a team player who leads by example and works well with your own staff as well as other departments. While it would be great and certainly provide an edge, you don’t need to be an expert (yet) on all things crypto and blockchain. This position is based at our headquarters office in New York City.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Pitching original segments; Identifying, cultivating relationships and booking top guests who are newsmakers, influencers, analysts, experts
- Conducting pre-interviews and relevant research for booked guests
- Working with the Senior Producer (Live Broadcast) and wider editorial team to develop and launch original new live programs on brand for CoinDesk
- Collaborating with Producer on the development of daily rundowns, story selection, bookings, graphics generation, video editing and script writing
- Coordinating with on-air talent on research/pre-interviews and booking guests with diverse points of view
- Delivering detailed and accurate guest coordination information to technical/control room team for in-studio or remote interviews
- Working on post-production editing, writing and distribution for VOD and CMS management
- Responding quickly to breaking news with last-minute guest bookings
- Adhering to company’s standards and practices and always exercising strong editorial judgment
- Highly collaborative, creative, and ‘bring it every day’ attitude
- At least 2-4 years of experience booking guest segments at a broadcast or major online news publication
- Broad knowledge of current events and financial news; expertise or even working knowledge of cryptocurrencies, blockchain and fintech a huge plus
- Existing rolodex of newsmakers, experts, analysts and influencers in crypto, blockchain and fintech a huge plus
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple bookings simultaneously
- Must work well under daily deadline pressure and demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective and creative writing ability
- Experience in newsroom content management systems like WordPress and rundown management tools (like ENPS, iNews, Rundown Creator, etc.)
- Direct experience with digital platforms and social media content
- Working experience with video editing software such as Adobe Creative Cloud
- Flexibility in scheduling as we experiment with launching new video shows and multimedia products
What CoinDesk offers:
- Full-time position
- Competitive salary and bonus offerings
- Robust Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Blockchain & Crypto Training Sessions
- We celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and our new hires!