Director of Audience Engagement at National Catholic Reporter
(Job can be done remotely or at NCR's headquarters in Kansas City, Mo.)
National Catholic Reporter Publishing Company (NCR) is a non-profit, independent, lay-led news organization that reports on the Catholic Church and wider moral issues facing the human family.
NCR seeks a Director of Audience Engagement to manage audience development and marketing for all products, including the biweekly print newspaper, NCRonline.org, Global Sisters Report and EarthBeat. This position will report to the publisher.
- Lead company initiatives to develop new audiences
- Nurture the NCR Forward membership community by attracting new members and engaging members to ensure ongoing support for the organization
- Work with the Circulation Manager and the executive editor to develop subscription acquisition strategy for the print newspaper
- Manage marketing campaigns for all company products
- Manage marketing budgets for all products
- Work with and manage vendor relationships
- Follow trends in news organization marketing and evaluation of digital platforms
- Analyze data to inform marketing goals for all products
- Travel to represent the organization at conferences and other events
- Provide marketing support to other company departments as needed
- Manages Marketing Coordinator and Circulation Manager
- Minimum 5 years of experience in marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field
This position will work in NCR headquarters in Kansas City, Missouri, or a remote location.
Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Position carries full benefits and salary commensurate with experience. All communications will be treated confidentially. All nominations, applications and inquiries should be directed electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15, 2020.
Essential skills and experience:
Creative thinker and problem solver
Strong organizational skills and eye for detail, with the ability to manage complex simultaneous projects
Experience managing comprehensive marketing campaigns, from development and design through evaluation
Demonstrated excellence in copy writing and verbal communication
Proven experience engaging with customers, readers, subscribers, members and/or donors with sincere interest and willingness to help
Proficiency in graphic design for print and web; Adobe Creative Suite experience required
Strong understanding of and appreciation for data and analysis; Google analytics experience a plus
Willingness to learn new databases; Salesforce experience is a plus
Proficiency working with a variety of email marketing databases
Experience using social media channels and creating paid social media campaigns
Working knowledge of HTML; Drupal experience is a plus
Knowledge of the Catholic faith and global Catholic issues
Appreciation for and commitment to NCR’s mission