Join the resistance! Brave New Films is looking for an EXPERIENCED Social Media Coordinator with a genuine – and proven! – passion for progressive issues. The Social Media Coordinator will oversee daily engagement on all social platforms with the goal of expanding the reach and impact of Brave New Films’ content.
The successful candidate must answer YES to ALL of these questions:
- Are you experienced in social media marketing and an active social media user?
- Are you passionate about making an impact?
- Are you obsessed with politics and want to work where you can make a difference?
- Do you want to use film to connect the dots to structural, systemic issues?
- Can you take on a number of campaigns, at once, and thrive in a fast-paced environment while simultaneously juggling competing and/or changing priorities?
- Are you excited to create, build and grow communities online?
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily engagement on all social platforms in effort to elevate our films, create new followers and expand the overall social audience and our impact
- Create and manage social media content calendar
- Demographic reporting and trend analysis: Keep pace with social media, internet marketing industry trends and developments and stay current with what’s trending online and what people are talking about
- Create digital toolkits for digital events
- Launch Brave New Films onto emerging platforms
- Monitor news for articles that relate to the social justice issues we are championing for posting on platforms
- Direct message influencers to grow new audiences
- Respond to breaking news in a timely manner that increases engagement with our content
- Experience in social media marketing
- Strong communication skills and understanding of the voice, tone and style of each social media platform
- Organized, ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Flexible and self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Adept with Google Suite, Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Not required, but a plus: knowledge of graphic design program such as photoshop, adobe creative suite
Brave New Films believes that corporations’ bad behavior disproportionately hurts the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
How to apply:
Submit a resume and cover letter to: socialmediaJOB@bravenewfilms.org
IMPORTANT: Your cover letter should explain why you are the right person for this job. What sets you apart from others? What experience and knowledge do you have that would make you the right candidate for this position?
Here are the questions to answer as part of your application:
- Send us 5 ideas on how you would draw more people to our YouTube channel and increase subscribers.
- Looking at Brave New Film’s Facebook and Twitter, tell us 3 tactics we are doing right and 3 we could improve?
Competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, and vacation.
Brave New Films provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.