Delaware Public Media, Delaware’s source for NPR News, is looking for Managing Editor/Reporter to join its award-winning team of journalists providing statewide coverage of Delaware.
The Managing Editor/Reporter will assist the News Director in the day-to-day management of our news operation, and be the lead reporter on content related to state politics, producing pieces for air on Dover-based Public Radio station and for use on its website. The position will also include some fill-in anchor shifts.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assign and direct daily news coverage, working with staff.
- Help direct news staff to develop stories and approaches to upcoming news events
- Edit copy, tape, and digital content and provide final approval for broadcast as needed
- Research, write, and produce stories for all day parts and weekend, DPM’s weekly show, as well as web.
- Occasionally produce and anchor newscasts
- Occasionally serve as the on-air announcer between and within DPM programs, including reading weather, underwriting and promotional announcements.
- Participate in on-air fundraising
- Perform other tasks as assigned by managers
Job qualifications include:
- Minimum 5 years full-time professional, progressively responsible experience in radio news. Management experience preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 3 years on-air experience
- Requires 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge equivalent to BA degree major in journalism, mass communication or other related major.
- Background and interest in political reporting preferred, but not required
- Background in long form public radio reporting preferred, but not required
Please send cover letter detailing your relevant professional experience, resume and work samples to email@example.com.
WDDE is an equal opportunity employer; members of minority groups, veterans, disabled individuals and women are encouraged to apply.
This position will remain open until filled.