U.S. News is seeking an experienced content creator to join the editorial team responsible for the programming of the company’s conferences and for the annual Best Hospitals and Best Colleges guidebooks. The ideal candidate will have strong research, reporting, writing and interviewing skills that will be tapped to plan sophisticated event programming and recruit speakers as well as to produce feature articles and other content for the publications. Experience in either event programming or reporting and writing is required (both would be a plus), along with a strong appreciation for accuracy and attention to detail. A background in health care reporting is desirable. Also desirable: Adobe InDesign skills and familiarity with Photoshop. The position is located in our Washington, D.C., office.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to brainstorm and research conference topics, plan agendas, recruit speakers.
- Assist in preparing speakers and moderators and participate in event execution.
- Contribute article ideas to annual Best Hospitals and Best Colleges guidebooks.
- Report, write, edit and fact-check articles as needed.
- Assist with production and design tasks as needed.
- At least three years of reporting/writing and/or event programming experience
- Excellent research, reporting and communication skills
- Ability to both work independently and collaborate in collegial fashion with team members
- Strong organizational skills
Please provide a cover letter, resume and several writing/work samples.
We are offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, vision and 401(k) plan.