Williams College Museum of Art
We are pleased to announce a full-time Communications Manager with the Williams College Museum of Art (WCMA), reporting to the museum's Director of Communications. The Communications Manager (CM) will assist in promoting WCMA and its exhibitions and programs. The manager performs a variety of museum-related marketing, graphic design, and digital engagement tasks, and coordinates the timely, effective, and efficient communications to the museum's constituents. This position will assist with ensuring that all communication efforts embody the goals and character of a particular initiative, and the overall institutional values and tone.
The CM is part of a remarkable museum and college environment. WCMA makes dynamic art experiences to inspire new thinking about art, museums, and the world—and it does so from within the nation's top-ranked liberal arts college. A vibrant center for the arts at Williams College, the Museum embodies the liberal arts' ability to catalyze both creative and critical thinking. It is a vital hub for deep student learning and participation; for taking risks and testing creative, future forms of scholarship and teaching; and for boldly affirming the relevance of the history of art and the arts broadly. Visit our website: http://wcma.williams.edu.
Williams College is committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty and staff. Working with the Director of Communications as well as colleagues across the museum, the CM is a key partner in developing a genuinely inclusive environment. The CM supports communications efforts that invite broad participation in WCMA, including full access to the museum's art and other offerings, and that give a robust, widely-disseminated account of WCMA's commitment to diversity.
Our expectation is that the successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation and religion. Applicants should highlight relevant experience with building, working with, and supporting a broadly diverse employee community.
- Support the mission and message of the museum
- Disseminate communications to various stakeholders on campus and the wider public. Efforts include, but are not limited to: updating the college's events calendar, submitting Daily
- Messages, creating and sending the museum's monthly electronic newsletter and e-blasts,
- designing on-site signage and posters, and delivering promotional materials.
- Typeset and produce museum labels and other internal signage
- Assist in the maintenance of WCMA's presence on the web and social media, while tracking and evaluating web and social media analytics
- Create basic designs for web media and be facile with website software
- Design advertisements and collateral materials
- Organize and prepare website and brochure content for review and design
- Project manage printing and review of museum banners, brochures, and mailings
- Schedule freelance professionals or photo/video document museum programs and exhibitions
- Manage digital content production; upload content to the museum's Digital Asset Management system, Resource Space
- Develop systems to streamline various administrative support functions (archiving, structuring databases and data collection processes for ease of use)
- Maintain press clipping archives
- Clear image rights for in-house publications.
- Prepare press materials. Clear rights for press images. Assemble media kits.
- Assist in planning and hosting press events.
- Assist with press inquiries
- Manage advertising contracts and invoices
- Successful candidates will have an associate degree and at least three years of experience in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated ability to create appropriate and compelling visual and written content for a variety of audiences
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential; organization and attention to detail is critical to design and print copy
- Demonstrated social media, web, and design skills are necessary
- Facility with Adobe design programs is essential
- Knowledge of Wordpress is highly desirable
- Photography and/or videography experience a plus
This is a fulltime (40hrs/wk.), year-round, regular appointment.
Review of resumes will begin January 5, 2020 and will continue until position is filled. Job Group 3-B.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
To apply for this position, please visit http://staff-careers.williams.edu. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-4247 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/8xjsv4cx8d3tnghn