Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Start Date: June 2020 - December 2020
Application Deadline: November 15, 2019
Who we are:
It's an exciting time to join Marketplace. We are an industry leader in telling meaningful and creative stories on the radio with over 14.5 million weekly listeners, and a multi-media enterprise centered around the ambition of raising the economic intelligence of all Americans.
Marketplace is one of the most dynamic multimedia brands in the country, known for an irreverent approach to business and economic news on multiple platforms. Our currency is good ideas. We value creativity and unorthodox thinking. And while we are serious about covering business and the economy the right way, we don't take ourselves too seriously.
Intern, Video - Marketplace:
Marketplace is an industry leader in telling meaningful, creative stories consumed by millions of people each week across platforms. Our newsroom is offering an excellent, six-month internship opportunity for those who have an active interest in journalism and video, who are interested in our mission of raising the economic intelligence of all Americans. The intern will acquire hands-on video production and post-production experience working alongside and learning from our on-demand team.
This is a six month internship position from June 2020 - December 2020.
- Ongoing assistance with editing short explainer-style videos and documentaries
- Organize footage, sync sound, and other assistant editor responsibilities
- Assist with multi-cam video shoots
- Animate backgrounds, titles, templates and general motion GFX for short-form videos in original and engaging ways
- Sourcing photo and video and music stock footage as it pertains to each project
- Research story ideas; help storyboard ideas; contribute to scripts as needed
- Participate in and contribute to team meetings
- Partial subsidy for onsite parking or public transportation
- Eligible to accrue sick time off
- Eligible for health insurance as required under the ACA
- Participate in robust on-boarding experience
- Professional development: on-the-job training, intercultural development assessment, formal performance review feedback sessions, etc.
- Mentorship opportunities
- Enrolled Senior in an undergraduate or Master's program OR have earned a degree within the last 12 months
- Strong working knowledge with video editing
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Premiere and Photoshop is a must
- Working knowledge of Adobe After Effects and Illustrator
- Self-starter with an interest in news-driven storytelling and journalism
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work both independently and collaboratively
- Must be available from June 2020 - December 2020
- Coursework or experience in video journalism or documentary filmmaking
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Physical Demands:
- Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time
- Required to move about in the community
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping
- Working Conditions:
- Moderate noise level
- Occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.