Colorado Public Radio is looking for a Digital and Social Media Editor with a passion for music and experience in visual and digital storytelling and social media strategy and tactics. Responsibilities include growing and engaging our social and digital audiences across Indie 102.3, CPR Classical and CPR News, conceptualizing and creating social media content, and training others to use social media platforms to tell our stories and connect with our audience.
View Full Description (PDF)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grow and engage social media audiences by:
- Working on the daily execution of overall social strategy, especially as it pertains to new music discovery and classical music enjoyment
- Planning and executing social approaches to special projects and events
- Producing and posting social media content in collaboration with program directors, music hosts, reporters, digital producers and editors
- Coordinate contests on social and digital platforms
- Work with the Director of Digital Platforms and Social Media Editor for CPR News to craft distinct social media strategies for Indie 102.3, CPR Classical and CPR as a whole. Develop and uphold a clear and distinct look, feel and voice for each service
- Conceptualize and create visually compelling digital content with videos, photos and graphics to engage and inform digital and social media audiences
- Write and help music staff to write periodic newsletters for music audiences
- Edit music stories written by hosts and contributors
- Curate events calendar
- Engage and interact with our audiences on all social media platforms. Monitor social media conversations for audience feedback, to develop deeper engagement and to generate story ideas and incorporate into our storytelling
View the full job description.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Knowledgeable and passionate about music, and public media’s role in igniting curious ears and championing classical music
- 2-3+ years producing social media or digital journalism for a media or music brand
- Enthusiasm and proficiency in a variety of social media channels including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube
- Demonstrated proficiency in photography and photo editing using Adobe Photoshop
- Video production and editing skills using Adobe Premiere ideal
- Understanding of Indie 102.3 and CPR Classical music playlists
- Familiarity with CPR News programming
- Strong writing skills and an ability to produce strong headlines and content for platform-specific audiences
This position is based in the Denver Metro area and requires working non-standard hours from time to time.
To apply, submit a cover letter that includes where you learned of the job opening, resume, three professional references and salary expectations to email@example.com with "Digital and Social Media Editor" in the subject line. Please include personal and professional social media handles that are public (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), five examples of social media audience engagement, and links to any special projects or award-winning work.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No phone calls or drop ins please. Competitive salary and benefits.
Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity