Texas Monthly is looking for an experienced designer to direct and produce graphics, illustrations, animations, and visual solutions for editorial stories. This designer is multidisciplinary and able to design across a range of platforms.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Art direct and design stories across all platforms
• Assist in photo research and assigning
• Create original art for website
• Assign original illustration, as needed
• Create graphics and logos for various platforms
Successful candidates possess the following skills/abilities:
• A strong portfolio of work designing across a range of platforms: digital, print, and social
• Excellent typography and layout skills
• Thorough understanding of digital production processes and capabilities
• Expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
• Proficiency in Wordpress, HTML/CSS, and Sketch
• Illustration and motion graphics skills are a plus
• BA/BFA in visual arts, journalism, or related field, with 3+ years of editorial experience
Application Process: If you are a qualified candidate and interested in this position, we encourage you to apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS ACCEPTED. TEXAS MONTHLY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.